Having the best gym equipment brands for the home can make a tremendous difference in your workout results.
While a home gym was once considered a luxury, many people are now dedicating space to work out in their homes and garages.
From simple weights and yoga mats to high end cardio machines, there are many ways to stay in shape without setting foot in a gym.
To help you get started, we selected our favorite pieces of home gym equipment to fit a variety of fitness needs and budgets.
While there’s wide variability in home gym equipment, here are a few key factors to consider as you’re shopping around:
- Purpose. Are you looking to build strength, or is cardio more important? You’ll want to prioritize items that meet your current fitness needs, especially if you don’t have the space or budget for multiple pieces of equipment.
- Price. Gym equipment items range in price from around £10 to several thousand Pounds. While you shouldn’t sacrifice safety or quality, you can often save money by choosing products with fewer high tech features such as touch screens and Bluetooth capabilities.
- Warranties. Even high quality gym equipment can break, which is why it’s important to pay attention to the type of warranty the manufacturer or retailer provides.
- Customer reviews. Make sure to read several customer reviews, as they often provide honest feedback about the design, durability, and functionality of a product.
1. Viavito Satori Exercise Bike
- Flywheel: 9kg (19.8lbs)
- Resistance: 32 levels of computer controlled magnetic resistance
- Console: Dual colour backlit 137mm x 67mm (5.4” x 2.6”) LCD display
- KM/MI Switch: The switch for selecting KM or MI recording mode
- Console Feedback: Time, speed, RPM, distance, calories, pulse, WATT
- Programmes: 20 (12 pre-set, 1 manual, 4 HRC, 1 user-defined, 1 watt, 1 body fat) + recovery mode
- User Profiles: 4 (each with gender, age, height and weight setting)
- Heart Rate Measurement: Hand pulse sensors + wireless receiver (chest strap optional)
- Seat: Large, padded adjustable seat
- Seat Post: Powder coated
- Pedals: Balanced pedals with adjustable straps
- Handlebars: Adjustable
- Bottle Holder: Yes
- Dimensions: Length=100cm (39.3”), Width=54cm (21.2”), Height=130cm (51.1”)
- Maximum User Weight: 140kg (308.6lbs)
- Product Weight: 31kg (68.3lbs)
- Warranty: 2 years (must register within 28 days to get 2nd year)
2. ACTIVE FOREVER Resistance Band Set
5 color resistance bands correspond to 5 different pound values, including 2 non-slip handles, 2 ankle straps, a door anchor and a storage bag.
[High quality]: Made of environmentally friendly foam and high-quality natural latex tube, soft and comfortable.
[Simple operation]: Whether you are a beginner or a professional athlete, you can use it alone or in combination according to your needs.
[Portable] Equipped with a storage bag, you can easily store the entire suit, and it is convenient to carry it anywhere.
[Multi-purpose] It can exercise the buttocks, back, abdomen, chest, shoulders or limbs to meet your different training needs.
- Pros: affordable, versatile, compact
- Cons: poor durability, may snap
3. Reebok Mini Step
- Evolution of the classic Reebok step
- Excellent addition for everyday workout regimes
- Quality studio design prepared for home use
- Suitable for all levels of fitness
- Rubberised anti-slip design for proper stability
- Added grip created with bobble texturized surface
- Attachment slots for a resistance tube
- Durable, one-piece construction
- Arrives already assembled
- Max. user weight: 110kg (242.5lbs)
- Net weight: 2.3kg (5.07lbs)
- Dimensions: Length=65.5cm (25.8“), Width=32cm (12.5“), Height=15cm (5.9“)
- Workout surface: Length=52cm (20.4“), Width=21.5cm (8.5“)
- Material: PP (polypropylene) / TPR (thermoplastic rubber)
- Warranty: 2 years
4. FLYBIRD Adjustable Bench
- Pros: foldable design, made of steel and vegan leather, sturdy, lightweight
- Cons: lightweight, so it might move around easily; lacks lumbar support; might be too short or narrow for some users
With more than 12,000 online reviews, more than half of which are 5 stars, the FLYBIRD Adjustable Weight Bench is a popular choice for any home gym.
With six back and four seat positions, the bench is easily adjustable for a full-body workout.
It’s also made from high quality steel and durable leather, so you don’t have to worry about it tearing or breaking anytime soon. Plus, the bench is foldable and weighs only 21.3 pounds, so it’s easy to move and store.
It comes fully assembled and supports up to 600 pounds (272.7 kg) for a safe and stable workout experience.
5. Bowflex SelectTech Adjustable Weights and Dumbbells
- Patented adjustment mechanism Adjust the desired training weight using the rotary wheel
- Individual weight adjustment Settings: 3 5, 5. 5, 9, 11, 16 and 18 kg
- Compact design
- International products have separate terms, are sold from abroad and may differ from local products, including fit, age ratings, and language of product, labeling or instructions.
- 12 month JRNY App Membership included. The service offers trainer led classes for Strength, Core, Yoga and Pilates.
- 12 month JRNY App Membership requires Apple iOS 14.0 or later / Android 7.1 or later
6. York Perform Multi Gym
- Weight stack: 100kg (220lbs)
- Maximum resistance: 100kg (220lbs)
- Peck deck
- Vertical chest press
- Arm curl: 2 position height adjustable
- Lat pull down/ hi-pulley
- Seated row- low pulley
- Leg extension
- Dimensions: Height=196cm (77.2”), Width=115cm (45.3”), Depth=141cm (55.5”)
- Maximum user weight: 125kg (275.5lbs)
- Product weight: 162kg (357lbs)
- Warranty: 2 years
7. Xterra ERG600W Rowing Machine
- Flywheel (Water Tank): Water tank with 16 impeller blades
- Resistance: 6 levels of water resistance
- Rail: Dual aluminium slide rail for added stability and safety
- Console: Large 5.5” LCD display with height and angle adjustment
- Console Feedback: Time, time per 500m, calories, distance, strokes, strokes per minute, total strokes, pulse, date, temperature, clock
- Programmes: 6 (manual mode, 4 types of countdown: time/distance/strokes/calories, race mode,)
- Recovery Mode: Yes
- Heart Rate Measurement: Wireless receiver (chest strap optional)
- Handle: Contoured and padded ergonomic handle
- Footplates: Flex pedals with adjustable straps
- Seat: Large, contoured seat
- Seat Height: 34cm (13.5”)
- Folding: Yes, space-saving foldable design
- Transport Wheels: Yes
- Dimensions (in Use): Length=205cm (80.7”), Width=56cm (22”), Height=84cm (33”)
- Dimensions (Folded): Length=84cm (33”), Width=56cm (22”), Height=205cm (80.7”)
- Max. User Weight: 136kg (300lbs)
- Product Weight: 39kg (87lbs)
- Power Supply: 2 x AA batteries (included)
- Warranty: 2 years for parts and labour
DKN Bluetooth Heart Rate Sensor
Get a FREE Compatible DKN Bluetooth Heart Rate Sensor when purchasing this product!View Product
Viavito 220 x 110 cm High Impact 6mm Gym Equipment Mat
Get a FREE Viavito 220 x 110cm PVC Equipment Floor Mat when purchasing this product!View Product
8. Viavito 220 x 110 cm High Impact 6mm Gym Equipment Mat
The Viavito PVC fitness equipment floor mat helps protect your floor from damage, prevents equipment slipping and sliding on smooth surfaces such as tiled or laminate floors and can help to reduce noise levels when equipment is in use. At 220 x110cm (86.6″ x 43.3″) it’s ideal for use with treadmills, cross trainers, exercise bikes, rowing machines, vibration trainers and more. Made from easy to clean, durable PVC with a matt finish this tough floor mat is made to last. Use it to enhance the look of your home gym, keep your equipment in place and protect your floor..
- Ultra-thick, heavy-duty, superior quality 6mm (0.2″) PVC mat
- Offers unrivalled floor protection
- Non-slip surface
- Designed to protect the floor under fitness equipment and reduce noise generated by sporting activities
- Use with treadmills, cross trainers, exercise bikes, rowing machines, vibration trainers and more
- Easy to clean
- Eco friendly
- High density
- REACH compliant material
- Dimensions: Length=220cm (86.6”), Width=110cm (43.3”)
- Weight: 3.5kg (7.7lbs)
9. Charles Bentley Recumbent Exercise Bike
A great alternative to walking, this magnetic recumbent exercise bike will provide an effective lower body workout. Featuring a 4kg flywheel for a smooth ride, this recumbent bike will look stylish in any home gym. With 8 levels of magnetic resistance, you can choose your own intensity level and the LCD monitor displays data such as time, speed, distance and pulse rate. For added comfort, the seat position can be adjusted for the best riding position. This recumbent exercise bike is ideal for both beginners and fitness enthusiasts.
Please Note: Requires 2x AA batteries (not included).
- Magnetic resistance system
- 8 level adjustable resistance
- 4kg flywheel
- LCD displays time / speed / distance / scan / pulse rate
- Adjustable seat backwards and forwards
- Rotating end cap on feet for easy transportation
- H105 x L150 x W60cm
- Distance from seat to pedals: 60cm
- Max. user weight: 100kg
Some self-assembly required. Full instructions provided.
10. Mini Vibration Plate Exercise Machine
VIBRATING PLATE EXERCISE MACHINE: The vibration exercise machine can improve bone density, lymphatic drainage, circulation and core muscles. To make the most of the full body workout machine and lose weight, perform exercises while on it daily.
EXERCISE MANUAL INCLUDED: We send suggested exercise movements in the manual, as well as resistance bands with your vibrating plate exercise machine. (Please pull the band into the small circle at the end of the clip completely. Otherwise, it can break and pop off from your exercises.)